Shaykh Abdul-Azīz Ar-Rājihī on Saudi Arabia
Shaykh Abdul-Azīz Ar-Rājihī’s Biography:
He was born in the city of Al-Bukairiyah, which is located in the district of Qaseem (Saudi Arabia), in the year 1360H. The Shaikh grew up in the city of Al-Bukairiyah and studied under its scholars. There, he memorized the Quraan and studied the introductory levels.
The Shaikh was raised amidst a pious family. Later on, he traveled to the city of Riyadh and enrolled in the Imaam Muhammad bin Suood Islamic University, joining the College of Shareeah in it. He graduated from there and then joined the College of Usool-ud-Deen under the Creed and Modern-Day Beliefs branch for the purpose of teaching there. The Shaikh continues to serve as an associate professor of this branch.
The Shaikh served as a student under a number of teachers in Bukairiyah and a number of senior scholars in Riyadh. Amongst his teachers are:
1. Shaikh Abdul-Azeez bin Baaz: He accompanied him (as a devoted student) from the time he came to Riyadh from Madeenah up until his death, may Allaah have mercy on him. He benefited immensely from him in his manner and way of dealing with the texts, and his explanation of the books of the scholars.
2. Shaikh Abdullaah bin Humaid, the head of the Higher Judicial Council, may Allaah have mercy on him.
The Shaikh has an active participation in the field of knowledge and education. This is by way of his authoring books and his supervision of the academic treatises that are submitted in order to gain the Masters and Doctors degree in the Creed and Modern-Day Beliefs branch. Amongst these, was his supervision over the verification of the book of Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah known as Bayaan Talbees al-Jahmiyyah. This book will be released soon, Allaah willing. This also includes his supervision of the verification of the didactic poem of Ibn Al-Qayyim called Al-Kaafiyah As-Shaafiyah.
One only need refer to Shaikh Rabee bin Haadee Al-Madkhalee’s introduction to his monumental book: The Methodology of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaah on Criticizing Individuals, Books and groups [Published by Al-Ibaanah Book Publishing, 2005] to see the high position and status the Shaikh held with the scholars, such that when Shaikh Rabee presented his book for Imaam Abdul-Azeez bin Baaz’s review, the latter passed it on to his student, Shaikh Abdul-Azeez Ar-Raajihee to review and study it on his behalf and give him his opinion on it.
After the Shaikh’s review of the book, Imaam Ibn Baaz replied to Shaikh Rabee’s request, stating: I am attaching here for you the letter I received in response from Shaikh Abdul-Azeez bin Abdillaah Ar-Raajihee concerning your book ‘The Methodology of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaah on Criticizing Individuals, Books and Groups’ since I had forwarded it to him due to my inability to review it. So he responded with what he saw concerning the book and his response pleased me, all praise be to Allaah. And I am pleased with the research you did in it.
Such an example shows the following:
1. Shaykh Abdul-Azīz Ar-Rājihī’s close connection to the senior scholars
2. Imaam Ibn Baaz’s trust and reliance in him
3. Shaykh Abdul-Azīz Ar-Rājihī’s uprightness in Creed and Methodology, such that he was pleased and approved of the contents of the book presented to him
4. His love for knowledge and eagerness to review texts and treatises.
For more of an insight into the Shaikh’s works and efforts, please visit his web site at www.shrajhi.com There you will be able to find some of his transcribed lectures and lessons.